Title: Joshua Targets July Comeback After Crash, Rules Out Immediate Fury Showdown Date Published: 21 February 2026 Description: Former heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua is targeting a return to the ring in July as he continues his recovery from a fatal car crash, but a long-awaited clash with Tyson Fury will not be his next fight, his promoter has confirmed.Joshua’s promoter, Eddie Hearn, disclosed the development while giving an update on the boxer’s condition and future plans, noting that earlier timelines for a March comeback have been abandoned.Joshua had been in strong form following a sixth-round knockout victory over Jake Paul in Miami before tragedy struck during a visit to Nigeria over the Christmas period. The boxer was involved in a road traffic accident in December that claimed the lives of two close associates and members of his training team, Sina Ghami and Latif Ayodele. Joshua was hospitalised after the crash.Speaking to The Sportsman, Hearn said plans for Joshua to fight in March — which could have paved the way for a blockbuster bout with Fury — are no longer on the table.“He was due to fight in March, then fight Tyson Fury. That’s not happening anymore. He won’t be fighting Tyson Fury next,” Hearn said, stressing that no final decisions have been taken on Joshua’s immediate next opponent.According to Hearn, the priority for the former world champion is a complete physical recovery and a gradual return to full training. He explained that Joshua is eager to resume camp but is still not fully ready.“The focus for Anthony Joshua is to get back into training camp. He’s not ready to go back into training camp, physically, but it’s getting closer,” Hearn said. “There’s nothing more that he wants at the moment than to return to training camp because it’s where he loves to be.”Hearn added that July is currently the most realistic window for Joshua’s comeback, with several possible venues around the world being considered. He noted that discussions on opponents and logistics would intensify once Joshua fully resumes training in the coming weeks.Meanwhile, Fury is also preparing for his return to action. The former champion is scheduled to face Arslanbek Makhmudov on April 11 at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, in what will be his first bout since his rematch loss to Oleksandr Usyk in December 2024.Although boxing fans may have to wait longer for a potential Joshua–Fury showdown, Hearn’s comments indicate that Joshua’s return to competition — and to full fitness — remains firmly in sight. Attached Images: f5beab4d0d03f77245ef716b21576b35f39107af89dc2886bad77215473aed2d.jpg Attached Video: None